Ever since I got back from vacation, I have been itching to write - but for some reason or the other - it seems to be evading me.. I seem to get a total writer's block as soon as I am able to sit at the laptop. Add to that the fact that my house is in a complete state of mess - I am hardly able to sit down and type.
So I decided to do a tag instead.. I had been tagged by IHM and Goofy Mumma to do the '25 Things about me' tag. As such, I find it difficult to write about myself - does this count as one point :) So here I go...
1. I love reading - I can read anything - I even read takeaway menus, cereal box cartons, etc for the want of reading material. And I read very very fast!
2. I do not know if I can call myself a foodie - but I dream of food :) Having said that - I am not too fond of cooking.
See - I'm struggling at 2 points... what else..
3. I love playing scrabble. There is an online Scrabble Club, where one can play scrabble 24*7 - I play whenever I get a chance. Before I started blogging - most of my free time used to be spent there:)
4. When I was in school, we used to get one book to take home to read - which was far too less for me. So I made a deal with all the boys who hated reading, to give me their books and I would simply tell them the story instead. We had to write a synopsis of the stories so that that the librarian could verify that we were reading the books. My parents caught on to that and started checking my bag, on the library day - so then I started taking the books home the next day. Can't believe I was so devious - but anything for books..
5. I really envy people who say that they have no regrets in life - there are so many things I would do differently if I had a chance..
6. I talk way too much and my daughter seems to have inherited that from me. Husband on the other hand, has a tough time, trying to get a word in :)
7. I am good at picking up languages - and am waiting to get back Bangalore to add Kannada to my list.
8. The only time, I ate totally healthy food was when I was pregnant - I used to check labels, fat content and eat only the healthiest fruit and veg! So I put on very little weight while I was pregnant - but ate so much afterwards that all that good work went down the drain :(
9. I was very laid back at school, while still managing good grades - I used to maintain a rank between 3 and 6 - with minimal effort. So my teachers and parents were always giving me grief about 'how much I could achieve if I put in just 25% more effort' :) All that changed as soon as I reached the 11th standard - when the fear of 'what would happen if I don't get into engg' took over me :)
10. My favourite subjects in school was Maths, Physics and English. Most people used to find it a weird combination.
Hey - I don't seem to be getting anywhere - could I just make up a few points :) No? ok - will try harder...
11. I try to be punctual. I hate it when other people do not turn up in time.. and not even bother to call and let you know that they are going to be late. The only time, that I got majorly late was when I read an invite wrong. It was an invite for 11:30 am which I misread as 1:30 :( That was so embarrassing.. but the best part was, that while we turned up at 1:30 - there were several others who turned up even later - despite being aware of the correct time...
12. I used to be a total workaholic.. I used to love my job. If somebody had told me 3 years back that I would be happy to be a stay-at-home mum - I would have probably laughed! Guess that's what they say about people changing - or is it priorities changing?
13. I am quite disorganised - I like to say that there is an order in my disorder :) My husband is totally organised - but he can never find things :) We have a standing joke if he keeps away something - 'sambhal ke' - we'll never find it again :)
14. I was a total tomboy when I was growing up - still am to an extent. I am extremely lazy things like changing earrings and other accessories - how I wish I were more girly. As my mother says, no 'soundarya bodham' in Malayalam. Thankfully, my daughter is more like my mother - nothing pleases her more than jewellery :)
15. I always wanted to get involved in politics....
16. I am not a very religious person - but I love hearing about legends associated with different temples and traditions. For some reason, that kind of information fascinates me.
17. For a very long time, for some weird reason, I just did not read Harry Potter books - I don't even remember why.. But one fine day - I started one, got hooked and then read all of them in one shot. I remember going to work, with bloodshot eyes as I had read through the night.
18. I am quite an emotional person.. I can cry at the drop of a hat. I cry while reading books, watching movies.. just about anything - This is one thing I wish I could change about me..
19. I once stood up to my teacher in 7th standard because he pulled my hair for talking in class. I found it extremely offensive and asked for an apology. He did apologize and thankfully, never held a grudge against me for that, and we went on to get along really well. I really respect him for that.
20. I thrive in company.. I love meeting up with people, having people over.. That's one of the things I miss most about being abroad... its much more fun in India.
21. I am extremely lazy when it comes to working out. I have been trying to lose my baby weight for over 2 years - with no success :(
22. The most precious moment for me, was when my daughter was born... It was worth everything.
23. I love ironing - stop smirking , you guys! I get that all the time! But, seriously, I just love ironing.. Love the feel of freshly ironed clothes - I always iron my clothes before wearing them :)
24. I am told that I get overly passionate about causes I really care about..
25. I never tell people my birthday - unless it's coerced out of me..
Thank god, its over... This is one of the most difficult posts that I have had to write.. It has taken me over 3 hours to do this tag - that's huge by my standards - sooo glad its done though :) Thankfully, I don't have to tag anyone - I think everyone I know has been tagged. In case any of you reading this has not been tagged - please do go ahead and do it!
Heal the world
1 week ago